Monday, August 8, 2011

Cleve Hyrum Swenson







All the fallen Vets flags. Such a beautiful sight!

My dad raising the flag at the ceremony on the 4th.

My sweet Grandpa Cleve passed away back in May. I am embarrassed that I am posting this so late, but better late than never. It was sad to see him go but I was so happy to know he was going to see his sweetheart Helen again. I can only imagine what a wonderful reunion that was. I loved my Grandpa so much and was so proud to be his Granddaughter. Some of the things I loved about old Clever were, he was a true cowboy, his love for his community and his country, he was always full of compliments and he always had a fridge full of Diet Coke and a box full of Hershey Bars.
Cleve was a paratrooper in WW2 and has some of the most amazing stories about his time in the service. Over the 4th of July they honored him and other vets at a service at the cemetery. I took some really neat pics of all the crosses of the fallen soldiers. It was such a neat site to see all of their flags blowing in the wind.
I love you so much Grandpa, thanks for making me proud to be a Swenson and proud to be and American. I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment